Virginia Family Dentistry’s current procedures are listed below, following guidance from the CDC, ADA, and VA DOLI. Please take the time to read through them before coming into the office. Our top priority is safety, for both you and for our staff.
- All patients are strongly encouraged to wear a mask, especially if you or a loved one is at high risk for infection.
- Our staff has been equipped with the highest level of PPE available. The clinical staff has access to N95/KN95 respirators, face shields, gowns, and hair coverings. Our front desk and administrative staff will be wearing masks.
- All patients will be asked to present to their appointments alone, unless the patient is a minor or in need of a caregiver.
- Both patients and staff will have a screening with their temperature taken upon arrival. Anyone who does not pass the screening questions or temperature check will not be able to receive treatment.
- Waiting room furniture has been rearranged to encourage social distancing.
- We have High Volume Evacuation in all treatment rooms, and have changed some of our procedures and technology for a 90% reduction in aerosols.
- All of our locations have OSO-Pure water filtration systems installed in-line to our incoming water supply. This allows for multi-stage filtration as well as ultraviolet disinfection for 99.9% viable bacterial reduction.
- iWave Air Filtration Systems have been installed in the HVAC systems of all locations. This system uses ions to reduce pathogens, allergens, particles, smoke and odors in the air. The ions remove hydrogen molecules from viruses, bacteria or mold, eliminating the pathogens energy source.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We value your trust in our care.
Infection controls and universal precautions protects our patients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with any of our doctors or hygienists and receive a straightforward answer.
Virginia Family Dentistry’s entire team follows procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as the local Virginia Board of Dentistry. These measures include
- Disinfectant hand soap/sanitizer
- Gloves and face masks
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Disposable materials
Virginia Family Dentistry sterilizes all reusable equipment, including dental handpieces. All Virginia Family Dentistry locations use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.