Virginia Family Dentistry’s current procedures are listed below, following guidance from the CDC, ADA, and VA DOLI. Please take the time to read through them before coming into the office. Our top priority is safety, for both you and for our staff.
- Everyone entering the building is required to wear a face covering, regardless of vaccination status, as mandated by the CDC and VDH. Virginia Family Dentistry is classified as a healthcare facility.
- Our staff has been equipped with the highest level of PPE available. The clinical staff has access to N95/KN95 respirators, face shields, gowns, and hair coverings. Our front desk and administrative staff will be wearing masks and eye protection. Protective barriers have been installed at the front desks and in treatment areas where social distancing was not previously possible.
- All patients will be asked to present to their appointments alone, unless the patient is a minor or in need of a caregiver.
- Both patients and staff will have a screening with their temperature taken upon arrival. Anyone who does not pass the screening questions or temperature check will not be able to receive treatment.
- Shared objects have been removed from waiting rooms and furniture has been rearranged to encourage social distancing. The waiting room and bathrooms will be disinfected after each use.
- Appointments will be scheduled to allow for disinfection time and to encourage social distancing between patients. We want to ensure that appointments are timely and no patient is in the waiting room for an extended period of time.
- We have High Volume Evacuation in all treatment rooms, and have changed some of our procedures and technology for a 90% reduction in aerosols.
- SD-90, a long-lasting antimicrobial treatment, has been applied to all surfaces in our offices.
- All of our locations have OSO-Pure water filtration systems installed in-line to our incoming water supply. This allows for multi-stage filtration as well as ultraviolet disinfection for 99.9% viable bacterial reduction.
- iWave Air Filtration Systems have been installed in the HVAC systems of all locations. This system uses ions to reduce pathogens, allergens, particles, smoke and odors in the air. The ions remove hydrogen molecules from viruses, bacteria or mold, eliminating the pathogens energy source.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We value your trust in our care.
Infection controls and universal precautions protects our patients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with any of our doctors or hygienists and receive a straightforward answer.
Virginia Family Dentistry’s entire team follows procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as the local Virginia Board of Dentistry. These measures include
- Disinfectant hand soap/sanitizer
- Gloves and face masks
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Disposable materials
Virginia Family Dentistry sterilizes all reusable equipment, including dental handpieces. All Virginia Family Dentistry locations use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.