All Virginia Family Dentistry General Dentistry locations offer whitening procedures. View the map of all locations here to schedule an appointment with the most convenient location.
What is teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening can make your teeth shades lighter if you have staining or discoloration. Professional whitening products contain bleaches that lighten stains and make your smile brighter.
Whitening can be repeated from time to time to maintain the brighter color.
Does whitening work on all teeth?
Whitening works well on yellow natural teeth however it does not work on crowns, veneers, fillings, or bridges.
Whitening Options at Virginia Family Dentistry
All Virginia Family Dentistry locations offer an in-office whitening procedure and a take-home whitening treatment.
Prior to either treatment, we will need to ensure your teeth and gums are healthy and that there are no signs of decay. If you are a current patient with Virginia Family Dentistry, be sure to ask about whitening at your next cleaning appointment. If you are not a current patient, we would need to schedule a consultation appointment to go over your whitening options.
Virginia Family Dentistry offers a whitening technique that is performed in the office in just one day. All locations offer either Zoom or Boost whitening procedures which takes just a few hours. You will leave the office with whiter teeth and will not have to wait two weeks to see the same results.
At home whitening kits usually require two short visits.
At the first appointment, an impression is taken to make a specialized tray to hold the whitening solution against the teeth.
The second appointment will be in a few days and you will receive the tray and the whitening solution. The dentist will explain how to wear the trays for desired brightness.
The trays are worn 3-4 hours each night for about a week or two depending on the shade of your teeth. At the end of this time, significant whitening will occur. When your teeth reach the desired brightness, only occasional treatment is needed to maintain your new smile.
Virginia Family Dentistry locations offering whitening treatment:
- Virginia Family Dentistry Atlee-Ashland
- Virginia Family Dentistry Brandermill
- Virginia Family Dentistry Chester
- Virginia Family Dentistry Huguenot
- Virginia Family Dentistry Ironbridge
- Virginia Family Dentistry Mechanicsville
- Virginia Family Dentistry Midlothian-288
- Virginia Family Dentistry Patterson-Parham
- Virginia Family Dentistry Powhatan
- Virginia Family Dentistry Short Pump
- Virginia Family Dentistry Staples Mill
- Virginia Family Dentistry Tri-Cities
Home Care After Teeth Whitening
- Brush your teeth or rinse your mouth after eating. Use mouthwash or toothpaste that has whitening properties.
- If you drink a lot of coffee, soda or tea, drink with a straw. The straw will protect your teeth from stain and discoloration.
- Consider teeth whitening as an investment. You don’t want to lose it by neglecting to take proper care of your teeth.
View map of all Virginia Family Dentistry locations to schedule a whitening appointment.