Welcome to our new ‘Word of Mouth’ quarterly patient newsletter!
Don’t forget to download our April desktop screen background – shown above! We still have artwork calendars by our founder Dr. Baxter Perkinson in our offices, so pick one up at your next appointment.
We continue to follow strict Covid protocols to ensure the safety of both our staff and our patients. Read more about our full Covid protocols.
Earlier this month we celebrated Dental Assistant’s Recognition Week. Read a recap here.
Know someone who wants to join the family? We’re hiring Schedulers, Dental Assistants, and Registered Dental Hygienists!
All About Dental Implants
Dental Implants are a great option for replacing missing or failing teeth!
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a small post made of titanium that is surgically implanted into the jawbone. The implant replaces the root of the tooth. An abutment is then attached to the implant, connecting it to a crown. The final part of the implant is the part you see: the crown. This is crafted to look just like your natural teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are an alternative to traditional crowns, bridgework, and dentures. They offer a person a higher quality of comfort and confidence in anything they do because they look and feel like natural teeth. Dental Implants:
- Prevent deterioration of the jaw and facial structure
- Do not compromise the integrity of healthy teeth as they are not altered in the process
- Provide security and comfort and integrate with the jawbone so they do not slip or move
- Give you the freedom to eat the foods you love and smile with confidence
Types of Dental Implants
- Single Tooth Implant (Implant-Supported Crown)
- Implant Bridge
- Implant Supported Overdenture
- Implant Supported Hybrid Denture
- Full Mouth Reconstruction
Want to learn more? Watch our virtual Dental Implant Seminar with Dr. Chad Flanagan.